Utility work on the Greenway Road improvement project will require a hard closure on the roadway between Legacy Park Boulevard and Northwest Ranch Parkway beginning 5 a.m. Saturday, February 27 to 5 a.m. Sunday, March 14.
- Motorists heading eastbound along Greenway Road from Loop 303 can expect a single lane until they reach the closure at Northwest Ranch Parkway, allowing access to be maintained to the business complex east of the Loop 303.
- Left turn movements will be maintained for drivers traveling east on Greenway Road to Northwest Ranch Parkway.
- Motorists driving south on Northwest Ranch Parkway will be able to make a right turn to go west on Greenway Road.
- Westbound traffic along Greenway Road will be reduced to a single lane beginning at Reems Road. Local traffic will be able to continue to the hard closure at Legacy Park Boulevard.
- Drivers traveling west on Greenway Road will be able to make the left turn to go south on Legacy Park Boulevard.
- Motorists traveling north on Legacy Park Boulevard will be able to turn right to go east on Greenway Road.
Drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes during the closure.
The Greenway Road improvement project will finish the south half of Greenway Road from 800 feet west of Loop 303 to 1600 feet east of Loop 303 (approximately Cotton Lane to Sarival Avenue), adding two travel lanes and eliminating areas of the roadway that have multiple lanes merging into one lane.
In addition to more travel lanes, the project includes turn lanes, drainage infrastructure, sidewalks, bicycle lanes, street lighting and landscaping.
The project is scheduled to be complete in November 2021, weather permitting.
Learn more about the Greenway Road project online at surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.