Court Public Records

  1. The Court has resumed in-person proceedings effective June 2, 2020 with a mandatory face covering requirement. Here is what you need to know before coming to the Courthouse. Learn more…

    View the Arizona Supreme Court Administrative Order

My Surprise Service Request App

Requesting a Court Record is Now A Lot Easier!

Want to file a Records Request?

  • Click on the button below
  • Once the page opens, click on the “Service Requests”.
  • Then click on the map to designate Surprise City Court, or type in 16081 N. Civic Center Plaza Suite 105, Surprise, AZ in the address bar and click “done” on the far top right of page.

Select a report type: City Court Records Request and complete the form.

Submit a City Court Records Request

Learn more about the My Surprise Service Request App

My Surprise App screenshots court records

Download the My Surprise App

Get it on Google Play
Download on the iTunes App Store

Records requests may also be filed by completing the Records Request Form and delivering it to the Surprise City Court in person, Drop-Box, by mail or email to Record requests made over the phone will not be accepted. Government agencies are exempt from mandated fees if they submit the records request on official letter head.

The Court retains records according to the retention schedule set forth in the Arizona Code of Judicial Administration §4-302; records that have been purged within the guidelines of the retention schedule may not be available. For example, a record will be available on a criminal offense for 5 years after final adjudication and sentence completion; DUI and Domestic Violence related offenses for 8 years after final adjudication and sentence completion; civil traffic violations for 1 year after final adjudication and satisfaction of fines.

Record Request Fee

A $17.00 Minimum Clerk Fee will be applied to all records requests  A.R.S. 22-404  The Minimum Clerk Fee may include up to three (3) names per request or three (3) cases per name.

  1. View Only
  2. Copy Fees
  3. Certification Fees
  4. Digital Fees

A $17.00 Minimum Clerk Fee to View the Record at the Courthouse during the hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Forms of Payment

Please do not submit pre-payment for records requests. You will be contacted when the records request is complete and given the amount due.

Credit Card payments (most major credit cards accepted) may be made at:

Payment may be made in the form of money order, bank certified check, personal check, or if paying in person, cash is acceptable. A $15.00 charge will be assessed on all Non-Sufficient Funds checks.

Payment is due in full for all of the above prior to release of any request for information.