Special Event Permits

Temporary Use Permits

Pursuant to Surprise City Code Section 122-105, the installation of donation bins, and most special events, such as carnivals, festivals, fairs, holiday events, fairs, grand openings, and sidewalk and tent sales, require the issuance of a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) from the City. To ensure timely processing TUP applications and payment of applicable fees should be submitted to the City no less than 15 days prior to the scheduled event. The fee schedule and additional instructions are contained in the TUP applications below.

TUP/Special Event Permit
TUP/Donation Bin Permit

Temporary Extension of Premise (Restaurants Only)

On October 6th, the Surprise City Council approved the use of a Temporary Expansion of Premise (TEP) permit to allow local restaurants to expand their service area and ensure a safe dining experience during COVID-19. There is no fee to apply for a TEP and the permit, once approved, is valid for 180 days. 

Restaurants seeking to expand their service area for alcohol remain subject to approval from the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control. 

Additional instructions are contained within the application below.

TEP/Temporary Extension of Premise

Completed TUP and TEP applications can be emailed to Development Services at DevelopmentServices@surpriseaz.gov

For questions, please email DevelopmentServices@surpriseaz.gov or call 623-222-3001.