Visit City Hall
Welcome to your City Hall!
Surprise City Hall is open for business. This page is your one-stop source for information about the Surprise Civic Center Complex and the City Hall building.
What is the mailing address for City Hall?
16000 N. Civic Center Plaza
Surprise AZ, 85374
How do I contact someone at City Hall?
View the City Department Directory
Click here for a Google map of the City Hall location.
Click here for a PDF map of the Civic Center Complex.
Where do I park at City Hall?
A four-level parking garage is conveniently located just west of the new City Hall. Public parking is conveniently located on the first level, south bay, during regular business hours. The public is available to park throughout the garage, except marked reserved spaces, during non-business hours. There are also 24 ADA accessible parking spaces located throughout the parking garage.
Where are the Council Chambers in City Hall?
The Council Chambers are located on the first floor, east wing. You will be required to pass through security before entering the chambers, so leave a little extra time if you plan on attending a meeting in the chambers. On meeting nights, you can enter the Council Chambers area through the chamber doors in the east wing of City Hall, just east of the glass archway.
What happens when visitors come to City Hall?
All guests for the second through fourth floors will be required to check in at the first floor reception desk and will receive a Visitors Badge when they arrive to do business at City Hall. If you are arriving for a Council Meeting, Workshop, or any meeting in the Council Chambers, you will be required to pass through security, so please allow extra time for entering the chambers.
What departments are located in City Hall?
Council Chambers and City Council offices
- City Manager
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Economic Development
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Government and Community Partnerships
- Marketing & Communications
- Public Works
- Water Resource Management
*Community and Recreation Services are located next to Surprise Stadium, 15960 N. Bullard Avenue. Human Service and Community Vitality is located in the Senior Center, 15832 N. Hollyhock Street.
City Hall Complex- Did you know?
- The four-story 134,000 square foot north building houses city staff and council chambers.
- The 26,000 square foot, one-story building to the south of City Hall will house Rio Salado College’s Communiversity@Surprise, offering two and four year degrees.
- The building features natural stone elements to ties into the city’s western backdrop- the White Tank Mountains.
- The complex includes shaded arcades to protect pedestrians from the harsh summer sun.
- The all-seasons garden, south of the parking garage, features a variety of plants that will offer vibrant color and texture to the complex all year long.
- The sidewalk that passes through the garden pays tribute to the site’s past life as Luke’s Aux 3 “Fighter Field.” In fact, it is located in the exact spot of one of the old runways.
- A federal Energy and Conservation Block Grant will fund solar enhancements at the new city hall.