To minimize the potential spread of illness by reducing opportunities to gather, Surprise is closing all city park amenities and facilities. City libraries are managed by Maricopa County Library District and are also closed to the public.
The closure includes: playgrounds, water fountains, basketball courts, pickle ball courts, dog parks, skate park, splash pads, restrooms, volleyball courts, and tennis and racquet courts. Learn more...
Surprise Aquatic Center
- Zero Depth Area with Play Features
- 2 Slides (1 flume, 1 tunnel)
- Competition Pool
- Diving Well
- 2 Diving Boards (1-meter)
- Zero Depth Area with Play Features
- Splash Pad
- Water Slide
- 3 Lane Lap Pool
The City of Surprise Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to enforce, modify and or designate new rules and standards as deemed just, which are in the best interest our patrons safety and health.
- Have a good time
- Obey Lifeguards at all times
- Admission fee must be paid for every person who enters the facility. Children 10 and under must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person (16) years and older at all times. Children may not be left unattended in the pool area at any time. Entry may be denied if chaperone is not present.
- No Running – Please walk while in pool area.
- Everyone must shower before entering the pool.
- Flotation Devices must be US Coast Guard approved. No exceptions will be made.
- Clean, appropriate swim wear required at all times. No cut-offs jeans, sweats, t-shirts, leotards, sandals, socks, shoes etc. will be allowed in the water at any time.
- If you or your child has had flu like symptoms within the last 72 hours please don’t use the pool. No open cuts, abrasions, sores, or bandages will be allowed in the pool area.
- Children who wear diapers or are not toilet trained must have a swim diaper on while in the pool.
- No alcohol, tobacco, smoking, gang paraphernalia, or weapons allowed.
- Food and drink must be purchased and eaten in designated area only. Glass containers not permitted.
- No horseplay, shoulder rides, dunking or hanging on ladders or railings.
- Excessive public displays of affection, abusive or foul language and fighting will not be tolerated.
- No private lessons allowed.
- No sun tan oils allowed in the pool area at any time.
- Pool may close without warning due to weather or water quality. Sorry, no refunds.
- Dive in designated areas only. No diving, flips, jackknifes, cannon balls, or excessive jumping off edge of pool.
- Swimmer must be able to swim width of dive pool 2X (over/back without stopping) to be allowed in dive area. All potential divers must pass a swim test if required by lifeguard.
- No diving or jumping from sides of boards.
- No back, reverse or inward dives.
- No sitting, laying down or hanging on the diving boards.
- One person at a time on the diving boards.
- One person at a time on the ladder.
- Only one board bounces per dive.
- Clothing may not be worn on slide or diving boards
- Always swim to designate ladder after dive.
- Swimmer waiting to dive must wait at end of ladder with both feet on the ground until previous diver has exited the pool.
- Swimming is not permitted in the diving well.
- Riders must be 48” tall (4 feet tall)
- Lifeguard must give permission to use the slide once the area is clear.
- Feet first descents only.
- Single riders only. No parent/child rides permitted.
- No stopping, kneeling, standing, twisting or turning in the slides.
- No jewelry, watches, or eyeglasses (except with head strap).
- Keep hands and feet inside of flume.
- Swimsuits only. Zippers, or buttons on back pockets or shirts not allowed.
- Keep hands across chest and feet together at all times.
- Please do no ride if pregnant or have physical restrictions.
- All slide users ride at their own risk!
- No one allowed in zero depth area without a Lifeguard on duty.
- Responsible guardian, 16 years and older, must accompany young children and stay within arm’s reach in the zero depth area at all times.
The City of Surprise Parks and Recreation Services Department reserves the right to enforce, modify and or designate new rules and standards as deemed just, which are in the best interest our patron’s safety, health and that of the City of Surprise.
City of Surprise Parks and Recreation Services Department