The City of Surprise Water Conservation Program is an important part of the management and planning of the City’s limited water resources for today and into the future.
Surprise is involved at the local, regional, and national levels of water conservation education. By developing a few water-saving habits, our water customers can reduce their use while saving time and money, and help us continue to reach our water conservation goals.
A Few Tips:
- Check your irrigation and pool systems for leaks monthly
- Adjust your irrigation controller (timer) as the weather changes
- Take free Water-wise Surprise landscape and water efficiency workshops
- Check your home for leaks (toilets, faucets, water-using appliances, etc.) montlhy
- Look for WaterSense products when replacing toilets, showerheads, and irrigation controllers
- Prune your landscape only when it needs it
Changing your habits to include these water-saving tips may reduce your water bill and save you time and money on unnecessary repairs. Want to learn more? Subscribe to the Water – Use It Wisely newsletter for easy tips on saving water.
Water Rebate Program
At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for controller rebates for the fiscal year 2019. However, check our website again in late June for information on the next cycle of rebates. If you submitted an application prior to April 30 and have not heard back yet regarding its status, please contact our Water Conservation Specialist at email@example.com.
Water-Wise Surprise Workshops
Up to 70% of household water use occurs outdoors in the Valley. Take a free workshop to learn how to create and maintain a beautiful yard while saving time, water, and money. Workshops are held at the Surprise Gateway Training Center, 13659 W Cactus Road, on the southeast corner of Litchfield and Cactus Roads on the Surprise Water Reclamation Facility campus.
We’re taking a break for the summer, but stay tuned for details on our upcoming fall season of classes.
Did you know?
You can use your home’s water meter as a tool to find and fix leaks. Learn more...