The Community Development Department issues permits for any construction, which occurs on private property. Private citizens, commercial and residential developers, utility companies and contractors must obtain a permit to initiate any improvement project. Your Building Application Packet will include an application form, submittal requirements, fees, permit regulations and permit procedures.
- Does the City currently accept digital submittals?
- How do I know if my submittal was received by the City?
- Is there a portal to check the status of my permit application once submitted?
- Why do I have to pay two invoices during the permitting process?
- Will my permit be issued immediately after I pay my invoice?
- Why does the timeframe to process and receive a permit sometimes vary?
Self Certification Program for Building Permits
The Self-Certification Program for Building Permits is another way in which the City of Surprise is committed to enhancing customer service for our building community, while ensuring safety standards remain our number one priority. Learn more...
Building Permit / Plan Review Downloads
The Building Permit / Plan Review application is for the following:
- Commercial Permits
- Engineering Plan Reviews
- Fence Permits
- Fire Plan Reviews
- Landscape Permits
- Pool Permits
- Residential Permits
- Sign Permits
- Utility Permits
- Assisted Living
- Commercial Factory Built Buildings
- Commercial New Build Permits
- Demolition Permits
- Parade and Assemblies Permit Application
- Residential Additional-Alteration Permits
- Residential Landscape