The Community Development Department issues permits for any construction, which occurs on private property. Private citizens, commercial and residential developers, utility companies and contractors must obtain a permit to initiate any improvement project. Your Building Application Packet will include an application form, submittal requirements, fees, permit regulations and permit procedures.
Plan Submittal & Payment
The City of Surprise accepts online submittals for building permits, plan review cases, engineering permits and construction. Please use the Plan Submittal link below to request a Dropbox link for submitting plans (Files should be PDF or Auto CAD format).
Payment options: mailing in or placing a check in the drop-box located at the north entrance of City Hall, Wires, or ACH. For transactions under $25,000, payments can now be made online (E-Check, Visa, Master Card, Discover, or Amex) using the portal below. For wire transfer information, please contact Craig Dies at Craig.Dies@surpriseaz.gov. All payments, regardless of payment method, must be accompanied by a copy of the invoice or reference the invoice number.
Permits will be issued within three business days of your payment being processed. All submittals that were processed digitally will be e-mailed to the applicant once they have been paid, processed, and approved. The City will not issue permits and plans over the counter that were received digitally. For questions regarding permits, or items pending plan review approval, please contact Development Services at DevelopmentServices@surpriseaz.gov
- Assisted Living
- Civil Engineering Permit Plan Review Application
- Commercial Factory Built Buildings
- Commercial New Build Permits
- Deferral Forms
- Demolition Permits
- Residential Additional-Alteration Permits
- Residential Landscape
- Residential Lath or Stucco Systems Requirements
- Residential Swimming Pools
- Residential Utility Permits
- Sign Permit Application Packet
- Single Family Resident Permits
- Tenant Improvements
- Water Meter Reduction Application @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>