Road Closures & Traffic Restrictions
Greenway Rd improvement project begins, Cotton Ln to Sarival Ave
Construction of the voter-approved Greenway Road improvement project will begin Thursday, December 3.
The project will finish the south half of Greenway Road from 800 feet west of Loop 303 to 1600 feet east of Loop 303 (approximately Cotton Lane to Sarival Avenue), adding two travel lanes and eliminating areas of the roadway that have multiple lanes merging into one lane.
In addition to more travel lanes, the project includes turn lanes, drainage infrastructure, sidewalks, bicycle lanes, street lighting and landscaping.
The project will kick off with utility work December 3. There will be lane restrictions on Greenway Road east and westbound approaching the Loop 303. One lane in each direction will be maintained and turning movements will not be affected.
From Monday, December 7 until Friday, April 2, 2021, left turns will be restricted from Greenway Road onto Northwest Ranch Parkway and from Northwest Ranch Parkway onto Greenway Road. During this time, the access point at Northwest Ranch Parkway and Greenway Road will be right-in/right-out only.
Drivers can expect roadway restrictions, traffic control changes and reduced speed limits throughout the duration of the project, which is scheduled to be complete in November 2021, weather permitting.
Learn more about the Greenway Road project and view a complete list of voter-approved Decide Surprise General Obligation Bond Projects online at surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.
Decide Surprise GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects begin in AugustThe first wave of Decide Surprise General Obligation (GO) Bond Pavement Preservation Projects are underway and will be complete prior to the end of 2018.
Pavement Preservation will restore the condition of many of the city’s major streets to “excellent condition” over the next two-year project work period, thus increasing safety by improving ride quality and visibility of pavement markings and by reducing stopping distance, road noise, and associated wear and tear on vehicles.
- The following areas will receive pavement preservation treatments this year:
- Dysart Road, Greenway Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Greenway Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (August – October)
- Reems Road, Bell Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Waddell Road, Dysart Road, to Litchfield Road (August – October)
- Waddell and Litchfield roads Intersection (August – October)
- Cactus Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (September – October)
- Dysart Road, Grand Avenue to Bell Road (September – October)
- Reems and Bell roads Intersection (September – October)
- Reems and Greenway roads Intersection (September – October)
- Waddell Road, Bullard Road Avenue to Reems Road (September – October)
- Reems and Cactus roads Intersection (September – November)
- Reems Road, Waddell Road to Cactus Road (October – November)
The work will take approximately three weeks per segment. All project schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
Pavement Preservation treatment on Bullard Avenue will be scheduled so as to not interfere with the construction occurring on the multi-modal safety improvement project.
- Projects slated to begin in 2019 include:
- 163rd Avenue, Grand Avenue to Jomax Road
- Reems Road, Cactus Road to Peoria Ave
- Litchfield Road, Waddell Road to Bell Road
- Greenway Road, Litchfield Road to Dysart Road
- Bell Road, just west of Dysart to just east of 115th Avenue
Funding to support GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects was approved by Surprise voters in November 2017.
To review the scope of the GO Bond projects, construction timelines, costs and more visit www.surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.
For Pavement Preservation questions, please call the City at 623.222.6150.