Road Closures & Traffic Restrictions
WB Bell Rd, West Point Pkwy to Civic Center Dr
Starts: 04/14/2020 Ends: 04/30/2020
Westbound Bell Road will be restricted to a single lane between West Point Parkway and Civic Center Drive beginning Tuesday, April 14 to Thursday, April 30, for APS work.
The lane restrictions will be in place nightly from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Sarival Ave (Waddell Rd to Alexandria Way)
Starts: 08/01/2019 Ends: 04/20/2020
Widening to four travel lanes.
Litchfield Road (Waddell Road to N. of Peoria Avenue)
Starts: 9/30/19 Ends: 4/30/20
Widening to four travel lanes. In addition to more travel lanes, the project includes drainage infrastructure, sidewalks, bicycle lanes, street lighting and landscaping.
During the project, drivers can expect intermittent and full closures, lane restrictions and reduced speed limits.
Learn more about the Litchfield Road project and view a complete list of voter-approved Decide Surprise General Obligation Bond Projects online at surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.
Waddell Road (Reems Road to SR303)
Started: 8/1/19 Ends: 6/20/20
Widening to six travel lanes. Signal at Sarival Ave and Waddell Road.
In addition to more travel lanes, the project includes drainage infrastructure, sidewalks, bicycle lanes, street lighting and landscaping.
During the project, drivers can expect intermittent and full closures, lane restrictions and reduced speed limits. There will be a hard closure of the road from SR303 to Sarival Avenue mid-October thru March 2020.
Greenway Road (Sarival Avenue to Cotton Lane)
Starts: 8/10/20 Ends: 1/29/21
Widening to four travel lanes and the addition of a traffic signal at Greenway Road and Northwest Ranch Parkway. This project also includes provisions for drainage, sidewalks, bicycle lane, street lighting, landscaping, and turn lanes.
Decide Surprise GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects begin in AugustThe first wave of Decide Surprise General Obligation (GO) Bond Pavement Preservation Projects are underway and will be complete prior to the end of 2018.
Pavement Preservation will restore the condition of many of the city’s major streets to “excellent condition” over the next two-year project work period, thus increasing safety by improving ride quality and visibility of pavement markings and by reducing stopping distance, road noise, and associated wear and tear on vehicles.
- The following areas will receive pavement preservation treatments this year:
- Dysart Road, Greenway Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Greenway Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (August – October)
- Reems Road, Bell Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Waddell Road, Dysart Road, to Litchfield Road (August – October)
- Waddell and Litchfield roads Intersection (August – October)
- Cactus Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (September – October)
- Dysart Road, Grand Avenue to Bell Road (September – October)
- Reems and Bell roads Intersection (September – October)
- Reems and Greenway roads Intersection (September – October)
- Waddell Road, Bullard Road Avenue to Reems Road (September – October)
- Reems and Cactus roads Intersection (September – November)
- Reems Road, Waddell Road to Cactus Road (October – November)
The work will take approximately three weeks per segment. All project schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
Pavement Preservation treatment on Bullard Avenue will be scheduled so as to not interfere with the construction occurring on the multi-modal safety improvement project.
- Projects slated to begin in 2019 include:
- 163rd Avenue, Grand Avenue to Jomax Road
- Reems Road, Cactus Road to Peoria Ave
- Litchfield Road, Waddell Road to Bell Road
- Greenway Road, Litchfield Road to Dysart Road
- Bell Road, just west of Dysart to just east of 115th Avenue
Funding to support GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects was approved by Surprise voters in November 2017.
To review the scope of the GO Bond projects, construction timelines, costs and more visit www.surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.
For Pavement Preservation questions, please call the City at 623.222.6150.