Road Closures & Traffic Restrictions
Greenway Road (Sarival Avenue to Cotton Lane)
Starts: 8/10/20 Ends: 1/29/21
Widening to four travel lanes and the addition of a traffic signal at Greenway Road and Northwest Ranch Parkway. This project also includes provisions for drainage, sidewalks, bicycle lane, street lighting, landscaping, and turn lanes.
163rd Ave, San Ysidro Rd to Pat Tillman Blvd
Starts: 8/17/20 Ends: 9/4/20
Improvements along 163rd Avenue will require a southbound curb lane restriction from San Ysidro Road to Pat Tillman Boulevard beginning August 17.
The 24-hour curb lane closure will be in place while crews work to repair ADA ramps and construct a concrete basin on the southwest corner of Pat Tillman Boulevard and 163rd Avenue.
The work is scheduled to be complete on Friday, September 4.
Decide Surprise GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects begin in AugustThe first wave of Decide Surprise General Obligation (GO) Bond Pavement Preservation Projects are underway and will be complete prior to the end of 2018.
Pavement Preservation will restore the condition of many of the city’s major streets to “excellent condition” over the next two-year project work period, thus increasing safety by improving ride quality and visibility of pavement markings and by reducing stopping distance, road noise, and associated wear and tear on vehicles.
- The following areas will receive pavement preservation treatments this year:
- Dysart Road, Greenway Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Greenway Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (August – October)
- Reems Road, Bell Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Waddell Road, Dysart Road, to Litchfield Road (August – October)
- Waddell and Litchfield roads Intersection (August – October)
- Cactus Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (September – October)
- Dysart Road, Grand Avenue to Bell Road (September – October)
- Reems and Bell roads Intersection (September – October)
- Reems and Greenway roads Intersection (September – October)
- Waddell Road, Bullard Road Avenue to Reems Road (September – October)
- Reems and Cactus roads Intersection (September – November)
- Reems Road, Waddell Road to Cactus Road (October – November)
The work will take approximately three weeks per segment. All project schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
Pavement Preservation treatment on Bullard Avenue will be scheduled so as to not interfere with the construction occurring on the multi-modal safety improvement project.
- Projects slated to begin in 2019 include:
- 163rd Avenue, Grand Avenue to Jomax Road
- Reems Road, Cactus Road to Peoria Ave
- Litchfield Road, Waddell Road to Bell Road
- Greenway Road, Litchfield Road to Dysart Road
- Bell Road, just west of Dysart to just east of 115th Avenue
Funding to support GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects was approved by Surprise voters in November 2017.
To review the scope of the GO Bond projects, construction timelines, costs and more visit www.surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.
For Pavement Preservation questions, please call the City at 623.222.6150.