Road Closures & Traffic Restrictions
Southwest Gas begins project on Litchfield Rd, Greenway to Waddell, April 22
Southwest Gas is currently upgrading a gas main on Litchfield Road, from Greenway Road to Waddell Road, with expected completion in August 2019.
The project began Monday, April 22, on the north end of the project at Greenway Road and is moving south along Litchfield towards Waddell Road.
Daytime work will occur Monday through Saturday, weather permitting, with traffic control remaining in place even during non-work hours to protect the work zone.
Roadways in the project area will remain open for travel however residents should expect lane and left turn restrictions near the work zone.
Southwest Gas customers should not experience any disruption in service during this work, unless notified.
For more information, or questions about the project, contact the Southwest Gas Project Hotline at 602.532.6100.
Decide Surprise GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects begin in AugustThe first wave of Decide Surprise General Obligation (GO) Bond Pavement Preservation Projects are underway and will be complete prior to the end of 2018.
Pavement Preservation will restore the condition of many of the city’s major streets to “excellent condition” over the next two-year project work period, thus increasing safety by improving ride quality and visibility of pavement markings and by reducing stopping distance, road noise, and associated wear and tear on vehicles.
- The following areas will receive pavement preservation treatments this year:
- Dysart Road, Greenway Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Greenway Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (August – October)
- Reems Road, Bell Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Waddell Road, Dysart Road, to Litchfield Road (August – October)
- Waddell and Litchfield roads Intersection (August – October)
- Cactus Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (September – October)
- Dysart Road, Grand Avenue to Bell Road (September – October)
- Reems and Bell roads Intersection (September – October)
- Reems and Greenway roads Intersection (September – October)
- Waddell Road, Bullard Road Avenue to Reems Road (September – October)
- Reems and Cactus roads Intersection (September – November)
- Reems Road, Waddell Road to Cactus Road (October – November)
The work will take approximately three weeks per segment. All project schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
Pavement Preservation treatment on Bullard Avenue will be scheduled so as to not interfere with the construction occurring on the multi-modal safety improvement project.
- Projects slated to begin in 2019 include:
- 163rd Avenue, Grand Avenue to Jomax Road
- Reems Road, Cactus Road to Peoria Ave
- Litchfield Road, Waddell Road to Bell Road
- Greenway Road, Litchfield Road to Dysart Road
- Bell Road, just west of Dysart to just east of 115th Avenue
Funding to support GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects was approved by Surprise voters in November 2017.
To review the scope of the GO Bond projects, construction timelines, costs and more visit www.surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.
For Pavement Preservation questions, please call the City at 623.222.6150.