Road Closures & Traffic Restrictions
Northbound Dysart Rd at Bell Rd closed nightly 1/6 – 1/21
Northbound Dysart Road at Bell road will be closed nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. for gas line work starting 1/6/19. The work is scheduled to be completed by 1/21/19.
Additionally, westbound Bell Road, approaching Dysart road, will be reduced to a single thru lane during this timeframe.
Bullard Avenue Improvement Project major roadwork concludes
Work to bring the Bullard Avenue Improvement Project to substantial completion is scheduled to conclude the week of December 10, with minor adjustments and landscape establishment continuing through early 2019.
The posted speed limit on Bullard Avenue is 35 mph. Drive Wise, Surprise!
For project-related questions, contact Suneel Garg at 623.222.6130.
Learn more about the project at surpriseaz.gov/bullard.
Decide Surprise GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects begin in August
The first wave of Decide Surprise General Obligation (GO) Bond Pavement Preservation Projects are underway and will be complete prior to the end of 2018.
Pavement Preservation will restore the condition of many of the city’s major streets to “excellent condition” over the next two-year project work period, thus increasing safety by improving ride quality and visibility of pavement markings and by reducing stopping distance, road noise, and associated wear and tear on vehicles.
The work will take approximately three weeks per segment. All project schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
- The following areas will receive pavement preservation treatments this year:
- Dysart Road, Greenway Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Greenway Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (August – October)
- Reems Road, Bell Road to Grand Avenue (August – October)
- Waddell Road, Dysart Road, to Litchfield Road (August – October)
- Waddell and Litchfield roads Intersection (August – October)
- Cactus Road, Reems Road to Bullard Road Avenue (September – October)
- Dysart Road, Grand Avenue to Bell Road (September – October)
- Reems and Bell roads Intersection (September – October)
- Reems and Greenway roads Intersection (September – October)
- Waddell Road, Bullard Road Avenue to Reems Road (September – October)
- Reems and Cactus roads Intersection (September – November)
- Reems Road, Waddell Road to Cactus Road (October – November)
Pavement Preservation treatment on Bullard Avenue will be scheduled so as to not interfere with the construction occurring on the multi-modal safety improvement project.
Funding to support GO Bond Pavement Preservation Projects was approved by Surprise voters in November 2017.
- Projects slated to begin in 2019 include:
- 163rd Avenue, Grand Avenue to Jomax Road
- Reems Road, Cactus Road to Peoria Ave
- Litchfield Road, Waddell Road to Bell Road
- Greenway Road, Litchfield Road to Dysart Road
- Bell Road, just west of Dysart to just east of 115th Avenue
To review the scope of the GO Bond projects, construction timelines, costs and more visit www.surpriseaz.gov/decidesurprise.
For Pavement Preservation questions, please call the City at 623.222.6150.