Show All Answers
New residents should call Customer Service/Utility Billing at 623.222.1900 to order a receptacle. Allow seven to 10 days for delivery. Remember, we offer free, one-time pick up of moving boxes. Boxes must be flattened and tied or taped together. To schedule a pick up, call the Public Works Department at 623.222.1900.
The city of Surprise offers residential curbside garbage pickup once a week and recycling once a week. Each resident is provided with a 95-gallon trash receptacle and recycling receptacle. Lookup your service days by your address at MySurpriseAddress.
View the regular collection scheduleDownload the collection schedule zone mapDownload the holiday collection schedule.
For damaged or missing containers, call 623.222.1900 for repair or replacement. Allow three to five days for delivery or repair.
- Clogged storm drains - Downed trees - Dead animal on City streets - Flooded roads - Garbage can broken - Garbage container missed during normal routes - Illegal dumping - Potholes/debris on City streets Online Service Request
Call the Public Works Department at 623.222.1900 to discontinue service. The container remains part of the property and should be left in a secure location.
For billing problems or payment instructions, call 623.222.1900. Payments may also be made at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N Civic Center Plaza. Office hours are Monday - Thursday 7am - 6pm.
Usually it’s one of four reasons: - The truck came by before your container was put at the curb. Your container should be placed at the curb by 6 a.m. Don’t rely on routes being run at the same time every week. - It contained illegal materials such as rocks, bricks, etc., or was over the 200 pound weight limit. - A car or other obstacle was blocking access to the trash container - It’s a City holiday. Download the Holiday Collection Schedule
The City of Surprise offers bulk trash service to residents that are serviced by the City’s Sanitation Department. Acceptable bulk trash items are; household items, yard debris, or appliances. The bulk crew cannot pick up dirt, rocks, concrete, concrete blocks, bricks, roofing materials, batteries or hazardous materials. Call 623-222-1900 to schedule a bulk trash appointment.
The city of Surprise offers hazardous waste collection events at different times throughout the year. For a list of upcoming events and acceptable materials,
All streetlight outage service requests can be made by calling the City's service request 222-CARE system or through the 222-CARE online service request under Public Works- Engineering.
Be prepared to report the pole number. The number is located on the pole, about six feet off the ground and is usually six digits or more.
Click here for more information about the Northwest Regional Landfill
As a welcome to Surprise, each new resident receives a free, one-time pick up of moving boxes. Boxes must be flattened and tied or taped together. To schedule a pick up, call the Public Works Department at 623.222.1900.
- Medical sharps should be placed in either a medical sharps container purchased from a pharmacy or health care provider, or in a heavy-plastic or metal container.
- The container should be puncture-proof with a tight-fitting lid.
- Household containers, such as plastic detergent bottles, can be used if heavy duty tape is used to secure the lid to the container and the words “Not Recyclable” are written on the container with a black indelible marker. The AZ DEQ guidance includes these warnings:
- Do not use a clear or glass container. - Do not over-fill the containers. Keep container out of reach of children and pets.
- Always wash your hands after handling or touching medical sharps. Visit the AZDEQ web site to review guidelines.