How will insurance information be obtained?

Patient care and attending to a patient’s needs are always the most important priorities in EMS. Fire department Emergency Care Technicians may seek patient insurance information, at an appropriate time while service is being provided. After the service incident, the independent billing company, AMB, will work with the Surprise Fire-Medical Department and the health information exchange following the notice of health information practices to obtain the necessary information to work directly with the insurance provider. Upon receipt of necessary information, the billing company will submit a claim to the insurance carrier. At that point, no further correspondence should be received until the insurance company has made a determination about payment.

Show All Answers

Q: What are the charges for Treat and Refer?
Q: How does Treat and Refer billing work?
Q: How will insurance information be obtained?
Q: I am a city resident and I do not have insurance of any kind. Will I receive Treat and Refer Service?
Q: Who will I call if I have a billing or insurance problem?
Q: If an out-of-city fire department responds into the City and provides EMS service, is treat and refer an option and what billing policy applies?