You may apply for a Post Storage hearing to attempt to have the vehicle released before the 30-day impound period elapses. At that hearing you must explain why you believe the vehicle should be released early. The vehicle will be released before the completion of the 30-day impound period if any of the following are proven by you:
- You possess a valid driver’s license
- You possess a Ignition Interlock restricted license AND a certified Ignition Interlock device is installed in the
- You provide a copy of a stolen vehicle report from a law enforcement agency showing the vehicle was stolen at the time of this incident.
- You agree to not allow an unauthorized person operate the vehicle for a period of one year
After 30 days pass the vehicle will be released to you if you provide proof the vehicle is currently registered AND one of the following:
- Valid driver’s license
- An authorized agent* with a valid driver’s license
- Your valid driver’s license with an Ignition Interlock device restriction AND a certified Ignition Interlock device has been installed in the vehicle
*An authorized agent is defined as anyone the owner of the vehicle authorizes to take custody of the vehicle from the impound lot on his/her behalf.