You may apply for a Post-Storage hearing to attempt to have the vehicle released before the 30-day impound period elapses. At that hearing you must explain why you believe the vehicle should be released early. The vehicle will be released before the completion of the 30-day impound period if any of the following are proven by you:
- Your driver’s license is now valid
- Your driver’s license is valid with an Ignition Interlock device restriction AND a certified Ignition Interlock device has been installed in the vehicle
- The vehicle was stolen at the time of incident AND you provide a copy of a stolen vehicle report from a law enforcement agency supporting your claim
- Your spouse agrees to take possession of the vehicle AND agrees to not let any unauthorized drivers operate the vehicle for a period of one year.
Effective May 1, 2015, the Surprise Police Department’s 30-day Impound Hearings will be conducted by appointment only.
Monday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Wednesday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Friday: No appointments
Please call the 30-day Vehicle Impound Coordinator at (623) 222-4333 and schedule an appointment.
After 30 days pass the vehicle will be released to you if you provide proof the vehicle is currently registered AND one of the following:
- A valid driver’s license
- An authorized agent* with a valid driver’s license
- Your valid driver’s license with an Ignition Interlock device restriction AND a certified Ignition Interlock device has been installed in the vehicle
*An authorized agent is defined as anyone the owner of the vehicle authorizes to take custody of the vehicle from the impound lot on his/her behalf.