More than 2,000 dogs will strut their stuff in Surprise for the Copper Classic Dog Show, Friday, January 28 through Sunday, January 30.
Presented by the Kachina Kennel Club, the three-day Copper Classic Dog Show features over 200 different breeds participating in a variety of sport, agility and conformation competitions for the whole family to enjoy:
- Watch the extremely popular “Dock Dogs” diving competition, where canine athletes show off their competitive water diving skills.
- Explore and shop the event’s participating doggie vendors.
- See exciting demonstrations, such as “Fast CAT,” a straight line course competition.
Admission and parking are free. The event begins at 8 a.m. and goes until approximately 5 p.m. daily at Mark Coronado Park, 15960 N. Bullard Ave. For more information, please visit kachinakennelclub.com.
Dog Show Etiquette
- Always ask handlers before you pet a dog. Wait until handlers have finished an event before asking questions.
- Please turn off or silence any mobile devices as this may be a distraction to the dogs and pet handlers.
- Only dogs competing in the show are permitted.
About Kachina Kennel Club
Kachina Kennel Club, a 501(c)(4) organization, was the first kennel club in the West Valley. It formed in 1975 and held its first all-breed show in 1978. The Copper Classic Dog Show in Surprise will be the 70th and 71st all breed conformation show.
For additional information, please visit ExploreSurprise.com or contact the Sports and Tourism department at 623-222-2222.