Dysart Unified School District has issued the following news release…
Dysart Unified School District is excited to open school fields in the City of Surprise to the community after school and on weekends. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held on October 29 to officially open the fields.
Participating Dysart schools located within the City of Surprise include Asante Preparatory, Ashton Ranch, Canyon Ridge, Cimarron Springs, Countryside, Freedom Traditional, Kingswood, Marley Park, Rancho Gabriela, Sonoran Heights, Sunset Hills, Western Peaks, and West Point. Hours of availability are after school until dusk on weekdays, and 6:00 a.m. to dusk on holidays and weekends, and on non-school days during the summer. Hours may vary based on school activities and schedules.
“We appreciate how supportive Surprise residents are of education and Dysart Schools,” said Dysart Superintendent Dr. Quinn Kellis. “Dysart is excited to open up our school fields to the community to increase the recreational spaces that are available to our families.”
The Surprise school field opening expands on the field openings Dysart did last school year at its’ El Mirage schools. The latest opening brings the total number of Dysart school fields open to the community to 18 out of the 20 elementary schools in the district.
Rules and regulations regarding the use of the Dysart school sites include:
- Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and vaping products are prohibited on school grounds/buildings and parking lots.
- No firearms allowed within 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public school
- No pets allowed, exception for service animals only (Please clean up after service animals)
- Golfing, Archery and Remote Control Aircraft prohibited
- Glass containers are prohibited
- Defacing, vandalizing or removal of school equipment is prohibited
- No overnight parking or camping allowed
- Motorized vehicles in designated parking areas only, exception for motorized wheelchairs
- Individuals or organizations with a reservation get the first right of the use of the fields. To reserve this facility, please call 623-876-7056
- Vandalism, broken equipment, water leaks, damaged surfaces, unsafe conditions or maintenance concerns should be reported to 866-463-8738.
Photos of the ribbon cutting ceremony.
Video of the ribbon cutting ceremony.
Media inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or 623-876-7196.