At a press conference at the state Public Health Lab, Governor Doug Ducey today announced a list of new actions to support hospitals and medical professionals and combat the spread of COVID-19. Arizona will invest $25 million to bolster hospital staffing in the midst of rising cases nationwide and reward frontline medical workers for their dedication. Arizona Director of Health Services Dr. Cara Christ also announced new guidance for holiday gatherings to help Arizonans make smart decisions and prevent new infections over the holidays.
Actions announced at today’s press conference include:
- Adding $25 million to bolster hospital staffing;
- Publishing new ADHS health guidance for holiday gatherings;
- Launching testing sites and health campaigns at airports;
- Doubling Investments In Public Service Announcements;
- Ensuring mask use on school grounds and buses;
- And ensuring up-to-date data on COVID-19 vaccinations.
Read the Governor’s full press release, here: https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news/2020/11/governor-ducey-announces-25-million-medical-professionals-additional-safety