With less than a month until the Tuesday, November 3 General Election, the city of Surprise reminds residents of important election dates and shares polling hours for registered Maricopa County voters.
The November 3 General Election ballot includes U.S. President, federal, state, county and local offices that are up for election. Visit BeBallotReady.Vote for voter registration and ballot information.
Important Election Dates
- October 7: Ballots mailed; in-person voting begins
- October 15*: Voter registration deadline
- October 23: Last day to request a ballot in the mail
- October 24: Weekend voting begins
- October 27: Last day to mail back your ballot
- November 3: Election Day
The Surprise City Hall Community Room, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, is a designated Vote Center. The City Hall Community Room will be open for voting and ballot drop off October 7 – November 3. Registered voters in Maricopa County can vote at any Maricopa County Vote Center.
To access the Community Room, please enter through the north or south entrance to City Hall at the Mayor’s Atrium (eastern end of the building). The other entrances will be closed as all City Hall service counters are currently closed. View Map
- October 7-21 – Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Closed Saturday and Sunday (October 10 & 11)
Closed Saturday and Sunday (October 17 & 18)
- October 22 – October 24, Thurs – Sat, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.,
- October 25 – Closed
- October 26 – October 31, Mon – Sat, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- November 1 – Sun, Noon – 5 p.m.
- November 2 – Mon, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- ELECTION DAY – November 3 – Tues, 6:00 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Polling hours on October 25 and November 3 were changed after the printing of the Fall 2020 Progress Magazine. Polling and drop off ballot box hours are subject to change based on county needs.
The Surprise Stadium, 15930 N Bullard Ave, is a ballot drop off location for the 2020 General Election! A drive-up drop box will be located in the southeast corner of the Stadium’s parking lot during designated hours. This site is for ballot drop off only; voters who need a polling booth should visit Surprise City Hall or another Vote Center.
Stadium Ballot Drop Off Hours
- October 24: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- October 31: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- November 1: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- November 2: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- November 3: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
There will be two additional Vote Centers in Surprise for the General Election:
- Happy Trails Resort Community Center, 17200 W. Bell Road
- Spirit of Grace Lutheran Church, 15820 W. Clearview Boulevard
To see polling hours at these locations, visit recorder.maricopa.gov/pollingplace. Locations are subject to change, so please make sure to check the website before you go and vote!
View commonly asked election questions, voter registration information and the most up-to-date information at maricopa.vote.
For questions or information about voting in Surprise, contact the Surprise City Clerk’s Office at 623.222.1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org..
* On Tuesday, October 13, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ordered that the deadline for Arizona voter registration is now Thursday, October 15 at 11:59 p.m. for the November General Election. Learn more at maricopa.vote.