The Primary Election is just over a month away on Tuesday, August 4, and voter registration closes July 6. The ballot will include the office of Mayor and four Council seats.
These are the seats to be filled:
- Mayor – Term ending December 2024
- District 2 (Cottonwood) – Term ending December 2024
- District 3 (Mesquite) – Term ending December 2024
- District 4 (Mulberry) – Term ending December 2024
- District 5 (Palm) – Term ending December 2022
Here is the timeline for the Primary Election:
- July 6 – Last day to register to vote
- July 8 – First day to cast an early ballot
- July 24 – Last day to request a ballot be mailed
- July 29 – Last day to mail back your ballot
- August 4 – Election day!
Surprise City Hall is a designated Voting Center. The City Hall Community Room will be open for voting July 8 - August 4 for any Maricopa County resident to cast a ballot in person.
To access the Community Room, please enter through the north or south entrance to City Hall at the Mayor’s Atrium (eastern end of the building). The other entrances will be closed as all City Hall service counters are currently closed to walk-up service. View Map.
For the Primary Election, Maricopa County voters can choose any Voting Center and time that works for them to cast a ballot in-person. Please visit Locations.Maricopa.Vote for all Voting Center locations.
Voters can access important dates and information related to the 2020 Primary Election by visiting surpriseaz.gov/2020election or the Maricopa County Elections Department website at recorder.maricopa.gov/elections/.