Following COVID-19 case increases and hospitalizations, Governor Doug Ducey today announced enhanced actions to contain the spread of the virus and protect Arizona’s most vulnerable residents. The announced actions build on Arizona’s substantial efforts to boost testing, expand contact tracing, secure PPE for health care and frontline workers, fast-track resources to the most affected areas and more.
Additional actions announced today include:
- Continuing to boost diagnostic testing, including expanding rapid testing capability;
- Amplifying contact tracing in partnership with counties, including utilizing National Guard assets and providing additional resources to counties;
- Increasing awareness of distancing and face-covering guidelines, including authorizing local governments to implement enhanced mitigation measures;
- Continuing to focus on long-term care settings, including providing $10 million for additional PPE and face masks;
- And enhancing guidance for establishments to limit congregating and enforce mitigation policies.
Read the Governor’s press release and guidance: https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news/2020/06/governor-ducey-announces-enhanced-covid-19-action-plan