The city of Surprise offers a Victim Services Program that assists crime victims in the aftermath of their victimization – as they navigate the court system and seek resources to get back on their feet.
Services provided to any victim of a crime through the Victim Services Program include:
• Explanation of Arizona Crime Victims’ Rights
• Escorts to court, interviews and case status updates
• Assistance filing a compensation claim and/or restitution request
• Assistance filing an order of protection or injunction against harassment
• Referrals to economic re-stabilization resources such as financial assistance with food, utilities and housing; and other support services such as emotional support, family/legal services, and more
The program’s victim advocates strive to eliminate any barriers to someone seeking help, which is why they are bilingual in English and Spanish and use language translation services to assist those who speak other languages. They also offer a safe and secure kids’ room for use while victims meet with the advocates or attend court. Plus, the services they provide are both free and confidential.
To help raise awareness about the program, the city’s Communications team has produced a new video showcasing the program’s mission and services.
Victim Services Program Video
If you or someone you know is in need of victim assistance, please contact the Victim Services team at email@example.com or call 623.222.1177.