The city is hosting free workshops for anyone wanting to learn more about Medicare or Medicare prescription drug plans.
The following classes are now open for registration:
Medicare 101 – April 10
Already enrolled in Medicare or looking to learn more about it? Come to a Medicare workshop, and get information on the elements of Medicare Parts A and B; Medicare Advantage plans (Part C); Prescription Drug plans (Part D); and Medicare Supplements (Medigap).
The presentation will be given by Orlando Cruz with American Retirement Advisors and will cover the following topics:
- How to verify if your doctor participates in Medicare and or Medicare Advantage plan networks
- How to calculate your prescription costs on every plan in your zip code using Medicare’s website
- How to compare every Medicare Advantage plan (premiums, co-pays and deductibles) using Medicare’s website
- How company insurance agents and independent brokers are compensated
- How to compare Medicare supplement plans (Medigap) and premiums
- Who needs to enroll in Medicare and when
The class will be held Tuesday, April 10 from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in Conference Room 150.
Medicare Prescription Drug Plans – April 12
Medicare prescription drug coverage is a critical component for anyone on Medicare, and understanding how to select the right prescription drug plan can save you money. If you are on Medicare or plan to be in the next year, we are offering a free seminar that will educate you on your options.
The seminar, taught by Orlando Cruz with Cruz Insurance Advisors, will cover the following topics:
- How to access Medicare’s website and enter your prescriptions
- How to keep track of your own list of prescriptions
- How to compare the different plans available to you
- How to update your list
- How to select pharmacies
- What is a coverage gap or “Donut Hole”?
- Where to get help
In this educational seminar, only the Medicare.gov website will be used; any materials provided or shared will be directly from the Medicare website. There will be no sales, and you will not be required to share any of your information. If you have a computer, IPad or smart phone with internet access you are encouraged to bring it.
The class will be held Thursday, April 12 from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in Conference Room 150.
For information, or to register for either class, please contact Ruby Sitea at 623.222.3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Information in seminars and classes sponsored by the City are a public service and should not be construed as advice or representation of any specific business, company, individual business owners, brokers or affiliations. The City does not endorse any particular business, product or speaker. Any information presented does not reflect the opinion or position of the City.