November 14, 2017
Surprise City Hall - Community Room
16000 N. Civic Center Plaza
Surprise, AZ 85374
Honoring an Exceptional Leader Task Force Meeting
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
This group is being assembled, at the request of City Council, to research options to honor the late Community and Recreation Services Director Mark A. Coronado.
This task force will select a chairperson as their first order of business. All members shall participate in discussion and decision making. Here is the remainder of their business process:
- Within 30 days of the establishment of the Special Task Force, hold first public meeting and market for public participation.
- Market the meeting in a way that encourages Surprise residents to attend and submit ideas and discuss pros and cons of each idea.
- Within 30 days of the first meeting, conduct second public meeting to select at least two options to be vetted by city staff. Staff will, at a minimum, explore costs, legal environment, consistency, pros & cons, potential opportunity costs, etc.
- Within 30 days of the second meeting, Special Task Force will hold third public meeting to weigh all the information presented by city staff, and select the best two/three options. Again, the Special Task Force will use all avenues available, market the meeting in a way that encourages Surprise residents to attend and submit ideas and discuss pros and cons of each idea.
- Special Task Force will present its recommendations to the City Council at the next regularly scheduled City Council Workshop. City Council will either recommend that the action item be brought forward at the next City Council Meeting, or ask that the Special Task Force perform additional work.
- The Special Task Force will be dismissed after City Council Action.