City offers free financial planning workshops in October
Surprise, AZ (September 17, 2019) The city is hosting free classes to help you plan your financial future.
October 1 – Wills vs. Trusts
Most American adults do not have a living trust, a will or any estate plan in place. For many who do, they can fall out of date for various reasons. Make sure your financial and healthcare wishes are fully honored and protect your loved ones from the real delays and costs of probate on your estate.
This interactive seminar taught by Bob Mariner from Generation Living Trusts will cover the following topics in an easy-to-understand, informative way:
- Wills vs. Living Trusts and other important estate planning documents
- The perils of probate after you die, ‘living probate’ and ‘multiple probate’
- The dangers of Joint Tenancy and of placing others on your accounts (TOD/POD)
- How to protect yourself against Conservatorship and Guardianship
- Does your disabled loved one require a Special Needs Trust?
- How large estates can reduce estate taxes
- How to protect yourself even if your estate’s value is below the probate limit
- How to know if your living trust is out of date
In this educational seminar, there will be no sales, and you will not be required to share any contact information.
The class will be held Tuesday, October 1, 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m., at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in the Council Overflow Room.
October 15 & 29 – Estate Planning
The Estate Planning class taught by Ted Meyer with Coventry Financial Group will cover the following topics:
- The difference between a Will and a Trust and which one might be right for you
- What is Probate and options on how to avoid it
- Why so many trusts end up in probate anyways, and how to make sure yours is not one
- What are the different types of trusts and why having the wrong one could be problematic
- Specific estate planning strategies
There will also be time set aside for questions and answers with an estate planning attorney.
The classes will be held on Tuesday, October 15 and 29, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in the Council Overflow Room.
For more information or to register for the classes, please contact Ruby Sitea at 623.222.3242 or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Information in seminars and classes sponsored by the City are a public service and should not be construed as advice or representation of any specific business, company, individual business owners, brokers or affiliations. The City does not endorse any particular business, product or speaker. Any information presented does not reflect the opinion or position of the City.