City partners to host new Social Security 101 class
Surprise, AZ (September 10, 2019) The city has partnered with the Maricopa County Library District and the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) to host a free class about Social Security.
The class, presented by Jack Burns, a SSA Public Affairs Specialist, will be hosted at the Northwest Regional Library, 16089 N Bullard Avenue, Surprise, on October 10, at 5:30 p.m.
Topics covered in the course will include:
- When are you eligible to receive retirement benefits?
- How does early retirement affect your benefits?
- Do you qualify for disability, survivors, and spouse benefits?
- How do you get the most from your benefits?
- What is the future of Social Security?
- When should you file for Medicare?
Registration is required and space is limited. Interested participants must register online and create a free “My Social Security” online account at ssa.gov/myaccount prior to attending the class.
Have questions about the course? Contact Ruby Sitea at 623.222.3242 or email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Information in seminars and classes sponsored by the City are a public service and should not be construed as advice or representation of any specific business, company, individual business owners, brokers or affiliations. The City does not endorse any particular business, product or speaker. Any information presented does not reflect the opinion or position of the City.