Free Financial Fitness Classes: Medicare, Wills & Trusts, Estate Planning, Annuities
Surprise, AZ (November 15, 2018) The city is hosting free Financial Fitness Classes on the topics of Medicare, Wills vs. Trusts, Estate Planning and Annuities.
December 3 – Medicare 101
Already enrolled in Medicare or looking to learn more about it? Come to a Medicare workshop and get information on the elements of Medicare Parts A and B; Medicare Advantage plans (Part C); Prescription Drug plans (Part D); and Medicare Supplements (Medigap).
The presentation by Orlando Cruz with Cruz Insurance Advisors will cover the following topics:
- How to verify if your doctor participates in Medicare and or Medicare Advantage plan networks
- How to calculate your prescription costs on every plan in your zip code using Medicare’s website
- How to compare every Medicare Advantage plan (premiums, co-pays and deductibles) using Medicare’s website
- How company insurance agents and independent brokers are compensated
- How to compare Medicare supplement plans (Medigap) and premiums
- Who needs to enroll in Medicare and when
The class will be held Monday, December, 3 from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at the Surprise Resource Center, 12425 W. Bell Road, Bldg. A, Suite 124.
December 4 – Wills vs. Trusts
Most American adults do not have a living trust, a will or any estate plan in place. For many who do, they can fall out of date for various reasons. If you want to make sure your financial and healthcare wishes are fully honored (whether or not you are physically able to carry them out yourself) and protect your loved ones from the real delays and costs of probate on your estate, we invite you to a free seminar that will educate you on options that give peace of mind to you and your family.
This interactive seminar taught by Bob Mariner with Generation Living Trusts will cover the following topics:
- Wills vs. Living Trusts and other important estate planning documents
- The perils of probate after you die, ‘living probate’ and ‘multiple probate’
- The dangers of Joint Tenancy and of placing others on your accounts (TOD/POD)
- How to protect yourself against Conservatorship and Guardianship
- Does your disabled loved one require a Special Needs Trust?
- How large estates can reduce estate taxes
- How to protect yourself even if your estate’s value is below the probate limit
- How to know if your living trust is out of date
In this educational seminar, there will be no sales, and you will not be required to share any contact information.
The class will be held Tuesday, December 4, 10 a.m.-11:30 p.m., at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in the Council Overflow Room.
December 6 – Estate Planning
The Estate Planning class taught by Ted Meyer with Coventry Financial Group will cover the following topics:
- The difference between a Will and a Trust and which one might be right for you
- What is Probate and options on how to avoid it
- Why so many trusts end up in probate anyways, and how to make sure yours is not one
- What are the different types of trusts and why having the wrong one could be problematic
- Specific estate planning strategies
There will also be time set aside for questions and answers with an estate planning attorney.
The class will be held Thursday, December 6, 10 – 11:30 a.m. at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in the Council Overflow Room.
December 11 – Annuities
Annuities are incredibly popular investment product marketed to retirees by financial firms from coast to coast. But beware, not all annuities are the same. This class taught by Ted Meyer with Coventry Financial Group will answer all of your annuity questions, including:
- The different types of annuities
- The different structures of annuity contracts
- Navigating the ups and downs of annuities, so you can decide if this is it good option for you.
- Understanding the fine print
The class will be held Tuesday, December 11, 10 – 11:30 a.m. at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in the Council Overflow Room.
Register and reserve your spot!
For more information or to register for any of these classes, please contact Ruby Sitea at 623-222-3242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Information in seminars and classes sponsored by the City are a public service and should not be construed as advice or representation of any specific business, company, individual business owners, brokers or affiliations. The City does not endorse any particular business, product or speaker. Any information presented does not reflect the opinion or position of the City.