Neighborhood Grant Program application now available
Surprise, AZ (August 8, 2018) The Surprise City Council approved funding to support the Neighborhood Grant Program that provides eligible neighborhoods with small grants to fund neighborhood events, functions, or community improvements.
Recognizing an opportunity to encourage community engagement and further build strong relationships with communities in Surprise, the city designated $10,000 to support the grant program for FY19.
To be considered, projects must meet the following program criteria:
- Provide a public benefit
- Result in a product, which benefits a neighborhood or the larger Surprise Community
- Be feasible for completion by June 2019
- Involve the benefiting neighborhood in project identification, planning and execution
- Emphasize neighborhood self-help; or be educational, community-building, or a public physical improvement
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations are ineligible
Additionally, a minimum of 5 neighbors within the residential area must sign the application and support the idea; neighborhoods governed by a homeowner association (HOA) must have HOA approval.
Interested communities should deliver the complete Neighborhood Grant Program application to City Hall, attention Jodi Tas, by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 9.
An information session will be held September 12, 2018 at 4:00 pm at Surprise City Hall, 16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, in the Council Overflow Room.
For more information about the grant, please visit www.surpriseaz.gov/ngp or contact Jodi Tas, 623.222.1330.