Surprise to update development & design standards; public meeting July 24
Surprise, AZ (July 10, 2018) The city of Surprise’s development and design standards are getting a comprehensive update for the first time since 2009, and we want you to join as we DevelopNEXT!
DevelopNEXT is an effort to simplify and modernize the city’s Land Development Ordinances and Planning and Engineering Design Standards. Through this update, we will be able to:
- Align our ordinances and design standards with the values described in our city’s General Plan 2035
- Implement new state statutes and federal guidelines
- Improve the city’s standards for site, open space, architectural design
- Consolidate the city’s design standards guides into one document
- Simplify and clarify the structure/organization of the documents and the rules within them, making them easier to read, administer and enforce
Community feedback will be an important part of the update process. Join us for the first DevelopNEXT community meeting:
Tuesday, July 24, 6 p.m.
Surprise City Hall – City Council Chambers
16000 N. Civic Center Plaza, Surprise
In addition to gathering community comments to help shape these standards, we will be seeking feedback from developers, the Surprise Planning & Zoning Commission and the City Council. Adoption of the final, updated documents is anticipated for Spring 2019.
For more information, please visit www.surpriseaz.gov/DevelopNEXT or contact Joshua Mike at email@example.com.