Police make six arrests related to illegal marijuana enterprise in Surprise
Surprise, AZ (February 16, 2017) On February 15th, 2017 investigators from the Surprise Police Department served five search warrants related to the illegal growth and distribution of marijuana. Four of the warrants were served at residences in Surprise and one was served at a home in Tempe.
The execution of the search warrants was the result of one month worth of investigation into the criminal enterprise operating under the name “Frosty’s Fresh.” During the searches of the residences investigators located approximately 645 marijuana plants with an estimated yield of approximately 213 lbs of marijuana. Additionally, more than 2 lbs of marijuana wax, 10 lbs of cultivated marijuana buds, numerous firearms, and a clandestine lab used to produce marijuana wax were located inside of the residences.
In total, investigators seized illegal substances with an estimated street value of $714,000 and an additional $12,237 in cash.
Six arrests were made in the case. Each individual faces numerous felony charges including illegal control of an enterprise, misconduct involving weapons and possession for sale and production of marijuana and narcotic substances. The individuals arrested were:
- Cody Ivey, a 31 year old male from Surprise, Az.
- Tara Papano, a 39 year old female from Surprise, Az.
- Justin Parker, a 30 year old male from Surprise, Az.
- Crystalgail Gutierrez, a 36 year old female from Surprise, Az.
- Tyler Hall, a 20 year old male from Surprise, Az.
- Joshua Harris, a 28 year old male from Tempe, Az.
The Surprise Police Department would like to thank the numerous agencies that were instrumental in the success of this operation. The list includes:
- The Arizona High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA)
- Tempe PD
- Goodyear PD
- The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office
- The Surprise Fire – Medical Department
- The Arizona Attorney General’s Office
- The Department of Economic Security