Palm tree maintenance scheduled around Surprise Civic Center, Original Town Site
Surprise, AZ (September 9, 2021) Work to maintain palm trees in areas around the Surprise Civic Center and city facilities in the Original Town Site is scheduled to begin on Friday, September 10. Motorists can expect temporary single lane restrictions in the areas listed below, unless otherwise noted.
On Friday, September 10, crews will be trimming the palms at the following city facilities from 5 a.m. – 1 p.m. No roadways will be affected during this work:
- AZ TechCelerator
- Fire Stations 305, 306, and 307
On Monday, September 13, crews will begin trimming the palm trees along the following roadways at 8 p.m. and will conclude by 5 a.m. on Tuesday, September 14:
- Civic Center Blvd. from Bell Rd. to Elm St.
- Bullard Ave. from Bell Rd. to Paradise Ln.
- Santa Fe Dr. from Dysart Rd. to Greenway Rd. (No lane restrictions required)
Additionally, on Tuesday, September 14, crews will be begin trimming the palm trees in the Civic Center area at 7 p.m. and will conclude by 5 a.m. on Wednesday, September 15. If additional time is needed, the work will restart Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. and conclude by Thursday at 5 a.m. This includes:
- Civic Center Plz. south of Paradise Ln.
- Civic Center Plz. north of Tierra Buena Ln.
- Statler Plz. (near the Public Safety Building)