View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
Surprise Storm swims out of an award-winning short course season
Surprise, AZ (May 13, 2021) The Surprise USA Swim Team, the Storm, has concluded its 2020-2021 short course season with numerous swimmers placing in the top eight in Arizona!
In March, the Storm competed in Arizona State Age Group short course competition. Results from the competition include the following:
- Sora Takahashi, Gregory Virga, Austin Hargreaves, and Aydan Prassas (11-12 age group - boys) took 1st place in the 200-freestyle relay and 3rd place in the 200-medley relay.
- Savannah Bell (13-14 age group – girls) won 8th place in the 100-backstroke.
- Ryley Clark (13-14 age group – girls) took 2nd place in both the 50-freestyle and the 100-breasktroke. Ryley also took 3rd place in the 100-freestyle.
- Austin Hargreaves (11-12 age group – boys) placed 2nd in the 50-freestyle, 3rd in the 100-freestyle, 5th in the butterfly, and 8th in the 100-butterfly.
- Aydan Prassas (11-12 age group – boys) placed 2nd in the 100-backstroke, and 7th in the 50-backstroke.
- Sora Takahashi (11-12 age group – boys) placed 6th in the 50-breaststroke.
Interested in joining one of the city’s swim or dive teams? Surprise offers swim and dive teams that compete in the West Valley Swim League. Practices are Monday-Thursday with meets and special events on Fridays and Saturdays. Try-outs are required for both swim and dive teams.
Visit the Swim and Dive Teams webpage or call 623.222.2000 for more information.
PARKS & RECREATION
15960 N. Bullard Avenue Surprise, AZ 85378 | Phone: 623-222-2000