Surprise libraries open for pop-in pickup, offer free eTutor service
Surprise, AZ (October 5, 2020) As part of ongoing efforts to safely adapt library services and respond to community needs during the COVID-19 pandemic, Maricopa County Library District (MCLD), which operates the three city of Surprise libraries, has launched two new services: BrainFuse and Pop-In Pickup, expanding access both inside and outside of the library.
BrainFuse, a new resource in MCLD’s vast digital offerings, connects students, job seekers and veterans to on-demand, virtual tools. Likely one of the most valuable aspects to the tool is the BrainFuse HelpNow platform, which connects students with online tutors, homework help, writing labs, test prep, and other online study tools—all FREE with a Maricopa County Library Card. More details are outlined below.
Also launching is MCLD’s Pop-In Pickup, the third stage in the Library District’s phased approach to reopening. Starting on Monday, Oct. 5, customers are welcome inside the library to pick up holds, handle library card needs, and browse a limited selection of the library’s physical collection. In-person events, computers, recorder kiosks, and study rooms will not be available, but all contactless and virtual services remain in place. More details are outlined below.
Maricopa County Library District is currently in a phased reopening plan to ensure the safety of all who enjoy their libraries. In early November, MCLD plans to open with full operating hours with new and additional operating policies and precautions in place. The safety of all who enjoy MCLD libraries is the top priority. Therefore, this timeline is subject to change based on data from the CDC and Maricopa County Department of Public health.
BrainFuse has three platforms: HelpNow for students, JobNow for job seekers and VetNow for veterans.
- HelpNow connects students with qualified eTutors anytime, anywhere. The on-demand platform offers learners of all ages online homework help, writing lab assistance, test prep, study tools and more.
- JobNow connects job seekers with qualified job coaches anytime, anywhere. Job seekers can put their best foot forward with a host of services to help in every step of the job search process including professional resume review, live interview coaching and more.
- VetNow is dedicated to connecting veterans and their families to benefits and community resources in education, employment, housing, and health, including navigating the VA bureaucracy, providing academic tutoring, employment transition assistance, and more.
- All of MCLD’s resources for students can be found at https://mcldaz.org/school
ABOUT POP-IN PICKUP:
Starting Monday, Oct. 5, MCLD will launch Pop-In Pickup:
- Customers are welcome inside the library to pick up holds, handle library card needs, and browse a limited selection of the library’s physical collection.
- In-person events, computers, recorder kiosks, and study rooms will not be available at this time. In order to provide options for the community, all virtual and contactless library services will remain in place, including Curbside Pickup, Book-A-Librarian and Online Events.
- In accordance with Maricopa County's emergency proclamation, face coverings must be worn for all persons six years of age and older inside the library. All staff members are required to practice physical distancing and must wear a facemask in common areas and when within six feet of others. Each library has physical signs and floor markings to aide in physical distancing encouragement. More details can be found HERE.
- The following are the hours for Pop-in Pickup and Curbside Pickup at the three Surprise libraries:
||POP-IN PICKUP HOURS
||CURBSIDE PICKUP HOURS
16763 W Vereda Solana Dr.
Surprise AZ, 85387
|Mon. – Weds. 1 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Thurs. – Sat. 10 am. – 5 p.m.
|Mon. – Weds. 10 a.m. – Noon
Thurs. – Sun. Closed
15844 N Hollyhock St.
Surprise AZ, 85378
|Mon. – Thurs. 1 p.m.– 7 p.m.
Fri. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat. 9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
|Call to schedule contactless pickup if needed: 602.652.3000
16089 N Bullard Ave.
Surprise AZ, 85374
|Mon. – Thurs. 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Fri. & Sat. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
|Mon. – Thurs. 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Fri. – Sun. Closed
For questions, please call MCLD at 602.652.3000.
ABOUT MARICOPA COUNTY LIBRARY DISTRICT:
The Maricopa County Library District (MCLD) is a special taxing district that runs 18 libraries countywide. MCLD inspires curiosity, encourages discovery and exploration of new worlds, and helps residents reconnect with their community. In 2019, MCLD held more than 6,700 events for all ages, nearly 83,000 children and adults participated in the Summer Reading Program, and 2.9 million customers visited an MCLD library. Maricopa County and Queen Creek residents and property owners get an MCLD library card at no cost. For more information, visit https://mcldaz.org.