Substance Abuse Assistance
“Almost 21 million Americans have at least one addiction, yet only 10% of them receive treatment” (AddictionCenter.com). Substance abuse can come in many different variations. It is important that if you have become dependent on any substance that you seek assistance.
The City of Surprise cares about our employees and their families. Here are some resources to help you get started on finding assistance for yourself or a loved one.
Substance Use Resources
Call the State of Arizona helpline at 2-1-1 within Arizona or at 877-211-8661 from anywhere. Or visit their webpage at https://211arizona.org/substance-use-disorder/ for more information on Alcohol, Drug, and Tobacco use.
- Resources included multiple treatment types, support, and prevention
Call the Substance Use Resource Center made possible by Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies at 833.959.HELP (4357) 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More information at https://www.bcbs.com/substance-use-resource-center
Opioid Addiction/Abuse Assistance
Free resources for yourself or a family member provided by BlueCross BlueShield of Arizona
Call 1-833-959-HELP (4357)
More information at https://www.mobilizeaz.com/substance-use-disorder/
Alcohol Addiction/Abuse Assistance
Mental Health America: https://www.mhanational.org/alcohol-use-and-abuse-what-you-should-know#2
When finding treatment it is important to check if the provider is in your medical plan network.
Here is how to do a Provider Search on the City of Surprise Medical Plans. Try to find a provider through your insurance plan. If you are on a City of Surprise plan, then you can do a provider search through your BCBS portal or by visiting:
- Click 'Find a Doctor/Rx'
- Click 'I am NOT yet a member'
- Click 'But might get a BCBSAZ health plan through my employer'
- Choose your network (Alliance PPO/EPO, Statewide HMO, or PPO)
- Enter your zip code to search providers in your area
- Search 'Doctors by Specialty'
- You can enter "addiction" and you will receive doctors in your area who can help that are in your selected network
Safe Drug Disposal is provided by the City of Surprise Police Department
More information at https://www.surpriseaz.gov/3658/Opioid-Abuse-Awareness-Support
Employee Assistance Program
Call toll free 1-888-993-7650
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Services are for all full and part time regular employees and dependents of City of Surprise. The EAP benefit covers up to 8 confidential short-term counseling visits and is at no cost to employees and their families.
101 articles on addiction can be found on their site at www.deeroakseap.com
Some of the helpful articles include:
- How to Find Substance Abuse Treatment
- How to Help Children Affected by Addiction
- How to Tell if a Loved One is Abusing Opioids
- What are Treatments for Heroin Addiction?
- The Facts About Youth and Alcohol
- Addictions and Emotions
Watch a presentation on Identifying Signs of Addiction in a Loved One