Small Business Assistance Process Improvements / Communication Tools
As a small business or startup, you have a lot to consider, and your success is important to the City of Surprise. What does the Surprise Economic Development Department offer - and what can you expect?
- Connections and Resources: Let us introduce you to local, regional and statewide partners, programs, and even free mentors. Every business is unique and has different needs, and we look forward to connecting you to the right partner, program or asset!
- Free Small Business Education: We offer ongoing free education and events for all local small businesses, startups and anyone thinking of starting a business. This includes registration to our popular quarterly “ABCs of Starting Your Business” class or other upcoming programs that might be a good fit. These are also a great opportunity to meet and network with other local small businesses and startups!
- Assistance with Navigating City Processes: Every city is different, and we understand that the process to open for business can be overwhelming at times. We are here to help you navigate the City of Surprise business license process, permitting process and any other specific issues relevant to your business. Let us help point you in the right direction!
- Commercial Real Estate Research: The Surprise Economic Development Department has access to a real estate research tool called CoStar, allowing us to identify potential commercial building and land information to build your awareness of the local real estate landscape. As a disclaimer, we always recommend that businesses consult with a licensed commercial real estate broker or legal expert before engaging in a lease or purchase process, however our team would be glad to help build your understanding of the available commercial property market in Surprise or help answer any questions you might have about the area.
- Market Research: Free market competitiveness and labor market research is now available to small businesses in Surprise.
- Virtual Startup Resource Ecosystem: Registration access is available to Start Up Space, a hub for local entrepreneurs in need of contacts, small business information and resources. Start Up Space is virtual innovation hub for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and access to it is free.
Contact us and give our team a better understanding of how we can assist you!