CALL OF ELECTION
Public Notice of the City of Surprise, Arizona.
Notice is hereby given that the City of Surprise, Arizona will hold elections as follows:
Primary Election: Tuesday, August 4, 2020
General Election: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (If Applicable)
Offices to be filled – Mayor (4 year term ending in December 2024) and four (4) Council Seats, Districts 2 (Cottonwood), 3 (Mesquite), and 4 (Mulberry) with terms ending in December 2024; and District 5 (Palm) with a 2-year term ending in December 2022.
Candidate Packets with Petitions are Available: Monday, November 4, 2019 – 8:00 a.m.
Candidate Packet Filing Deadline: Nomination paper, financial disclosure statements, affidavit of qualifications and petitions are due no earlier than Monday, March 9, 2020 and no later than Monday, April 6, 2020 – 5:00 p.m. Candidate packets need to be filed at the City Clerk’s Office – 16000 N. Civic Center Parkway, Surprise, Arizona 85374.
Voter Registration Deadline: Monday, July 6, 2020
For further information or to set up an appointment for a Candidate’s Packet, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 623-222-1220.
- July 6 – Last day to register to vote (Register online at https://beballotready.vote)
- July 8 – First day to cast an early ballot
- Surprise City Hall is a designated polling place. The City Hall Community Room will be open for voting July 8 - August 4. To access the Community Room, please enter through the north or south entrance to City Hall at the Mayor’s Atrium (eastern end of the building). The other entrances will be closed as all City Hall service counters are currently closed. View Map.
- July 8 – 21 Hours: Open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
July 22 – August 3 Hours: Open 7-days a week from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Election Day (August 4) Hours: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- July 24 – Last day to request an early ballot be mailed
- August 4 – Election day!
- August 2 – First day to request an early ballot
- October 5 - Last day to register to vote
- October 7 - First day to cast an early ballot
- October 23 - Last day to request an early ballot to be mailed
- November 3 – Election day!