Compliance Assistance Program

  1. The Court has resumed in-person proceedings effective June 2, 2020 with a mandatory face covering requirement. Here is what you need to know before coming to the Courthouse. Learn more…

    View the Arizona Supreme Court Administrative Order

CAP is a program designed to help you resolve past due civil traffic, civil, and parking fines that are owed to the Surprise City Court that may be preventing the reinstatement of your Arizona driver’s license.

How does CAP work?

  1. Complete a financial affidavit
  2. A court employee will review the information and explain the initial down payment due
  3. Pay the required initial down payment with cash, check, or debit/credit card.
  4. Agree to a payment plan and continue to pay the monthly amount until the amount is paid in full.
    Initial down-payment is required to be placed on CAP and begin the process of reinstating your license.
  • No need to see a Judge.
  • Typically completed in 1 hour or less.
    Process times will vary depending on the number and complexity of the charges that you have with the Court.

What should I bring?

  • Your “initial down payment” amount.
  • A photo ID.

You will be required to go through security screening

Do I have to appear in-person to participate?

You must appear in person to participate in the program if you live in Maricopa County. If you live outside the County, or are unable to appear, call and speak with staff at 623.222.4838.

What if I don’t have the money to pay the “initial down payment” immediately?

Call and speak with Court staff to obtain the reduced amount you would need to pay and learn about other options available.

Why did my CAP initial down payment change?

The initial down payment will change if additional charges are added or if additional fees required by statute are added.

What happens if I don’t make future payments?

Failure to make your payments can result in the charges being defaulted again (non-compliant) and a suspension of the drivers license. Please contact the Court if you are unable to make the payment.

If my charges go non-compliant, may I apply for CAP a second time?

Yes. You may start the process over by paying a new “Initial down payment” signing a new payment plan.

What if I have a warrant at your Court?

You will need to see a Judge to resolve it. However, even if you have a warrant, you may still qualify for CAP to resolve your civil traffic, civil, and parking charges.

What do I have to do to get my driver license?

  • The Court will notify the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department (MVD) that you are in compliance with the Surprise Court.
  • Apply to the Arizona MVD to get your driver license. MVD will advise you if other reasons exist that may prevent you from reinstating your license.