Enter your xeriscape landscaping photographs in the 2018 Surprise Calendar photography competition.
Share a photo of xeriscape landscaping in Surprise for a chance to have it featured in a 2018 calendar that will offer sustainable landscaping tips and facts about water conservation.
This photo contest is open to the general public and to both amateur and professional photographers! Thirteen photos will be selected for publication in the calendar, which will be provided free of charge to the public in limited quantity.
Contest winners will receive an indoor/outdoor water conservation kit.
5 p.m. Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Submission Form is now Closed
- Only horizontal images taken within, or associated with, the geographical boundaries of the City of Surprise will be considered.
- All photographs must show xeriscape landscaping.
- All photograph submissions must include a short description of how that image relates to the City’s water resources and should include the scientific and common name of photographed flora.
- Digital images must be in full color and not digitally enhanced or altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, realistic color and contrast, sharpness, etc.).
- Digital entries must be at least 9” x 12” at 300 dpi (3600 x 2700 pixels) in JPG format.
- Each photo entry form must include the photographer’s full name, address, phone number, email address, and location of the image.
- Each photo entry must include a signed photo release.
- No submittal of material copyrighted by a third party is permitted.
- Each contestant may enter up to three photographs. Each entry must be submitted with separate entry forms. Photographers are eligible to win for each photograph submitted.
- If identifiable people are in photos, contestants will be required to supply a model release form (as approved by the City) for each individual.
- Winners will be posted on the City’s website.
- Winners will receive 10 calendars and publicity via news releases and distribution of calendars.
- All photographic entries and release forms must be received by Wednesday, October 18, 2017 by 5:00 p.m.
Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Success in reflecting the objectives of the contest
- Relevance of subject and quality of composition
- Originality of photo
- Quality of photo
- Excellence in photographic technique