Suspend Collection Service

How to Temporarily Suspend Your Trash/Recycling Service

City of Surprise solid waste customers now have the option to temporarily suspend trash/recycling service to their residence. This is a cost-effective service for customers that may be away from their home for four months or longer.

The service fee is $55, to cover the cost of can pickup, restocking and redelivery. The charge will appear on your next bill following the requested date of suspension. Your billing will automatically start up again after your normal service resumes.

Want to temporarily suspend your trash/recycling service? Follow these steps:

  1. Call Public Works at 623.222.6000 to make your request
  2. Provide the Customer Service Representative with your:
    • Name
    • Address
    • Start Date for service suspension
    • Return Date for service to resume
  3. Leave your trash and recycling can at the curb on the start date of your temporary suspension
The City will pick up the cans on your set suspension date, store them for you and return clean cans to your residence on the resume service date.

If your service dates change, please call Public Works at 623.222.6000 so we can update your account.

Please note that the Temporary Suspension Service ONLY applies to trash/recycling collection, not to water and sewer services.