Temporary Use/Special Event Permits

Pursuant to Surprise City Code Section 106-10.42, the installation of donation bins, and most special events require the issuance of a Temporary Use/Special Event Permit from the City. Examples of special events include:

  • Assemblies
  • Carnivals
  • Fairs
  • Festivals
  • Grand openings
  • Parades
  • Holiday events
  • Sidewalk and tent sales
Watch and learn how to submit your Temporary Use/Special Event Permit.

To ensure timely processing of applications and payment of applicable fees, applications must be submitted to the City no less than 15 days prior to the scheduled event. Digital applications can be submitted via the link below.


Questions can also be directed to DevelopmentServices@surpriseaz.gov or by calling 623.222.3000 and pressing "0" for an operator.