Judicial Selection Advisory Commission
About the Commission
The purpose of the judicial selection advisory commission is to evaluate and make recommendations with regard to the selection of the best qualified individuals for the position of presiding and associate city judge, and the performance of incumbent presiding and associate city judges applying for reappointment.
The judicial selection advisory commission shall be composed of the following:
- An appellate court judge to be recommended for appointment by the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- A Superior Court Judge of Maricopa County to be recommended for appointment by the presiding judge of the Maricopa Superior Court.
- A member of the State Bar of Arizona who shall be appointed from among three nominees recommended by the state bar board of governors.
- A member of the Maricopa County Bar Association who shall be appointed from among three nominees recommended by the county bar board of directors.
- And three public members who are residents of the city, who shall be appointed pursuant to section 2-296. None of the public members shall be an employee of the city.
- All members of the judicial selection advisory commission shall be residents of Maricopa County.
|Honorable Peter Swann
Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One
|Judge Joseph Kreamer
Maricopa County Bar Association Member
State Bar of Arizona Member
|John Longbaugh (Resident)||06/30/2017|
|Christopher Herring (Resident)||06/30/2018|