Street Sweeping - A Service of Public Works
Pavement Preservation Program
An annual program in which identified city streets receive appropriate applications to lengthen the lifetime of the street surface. Learn more about the Pavement Preservation Program
All streetlight outage service requests can be made by submitting a service request using our My Surprise Service Request App.
Be prepared to report the pole number. The number is located on the pole, about six feet off the ground and is usually six digits or more.
You can also report a streetlight outage by visiting the APS Outage Center.
Storm & Monsoon Safety Tips
Information and tips for monsoon and storm safety. In the event of weather-related flooding, the Public Works Department provides sand and bags to residents. Click here for storm/monsoon safety tips and sandbag pickup locations.
Sandbag Pickup Locations
The Surprise Public Works Department provides sand and bags free of charge to Surprise residents in the event of flooding.
The sand and bags will be located at the following locations (view map below), following a major rain event, in which flooding may occur:
- 3 Star Park, 15825 N. Jerry Street (South Side Parking Area off of Jerry Street)
- Ashton Ranch Water Supply Facility, 15151 W. Greenway Road
- Bell Road Lake (south side), 15105 W. Bell Road
- Fire Station 302 recycle bin site, 18600 Reems Road @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Old City Hall recycle bin site, 12425 W. Bell Road
- Water Well site, 16849 W. Jomax Road
- Westgate city facility, 13430 W. Westgate Drive @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
NOTE: Residents are asked to bring their own shovel to fill the bags. Anyone needing assistance should call Public Works at 623.222.6000.
Designated Public Works crews will be on call 24 hours a day during the monsoon and after any major storm events to check for an remove downed trees and debris, clear clogged storm drains and to assist residents in flooded areas.
Report a Problem
For Street Repairs / Sidewalks / Traffic Signal / Signs
Call us: 623.222.6000 or submit a service request online