Street Sweeping - A Service of Public Works
Pavement Preservation Program
An annual program in which identified city streets receive appropriate applications to lengthen the lifetime of the street surface. Click for more info about the Pavement Preservation Program.
All streetlight outage service requests can be made by calling the City's service request 222-CARE system or through the 222-CARE online service request under Public Works- Engineering.
Be prepared to report the pole number. The number is located on the pole, about six feet off the ground and is usually six digits or more.
You can also report a streetlight outage by visiting the APS Outage Center.
Storm & Monsoon Safety Tips
Information and tips for monsoon and storm safety. In the event of weather-related flooding, the Public Works Department provides sand and bags to residents. Click here for storm/monsoon safety tips and sandbag pickup locations.
Sandbag Pickup Locations
The Surprise Public Works Department provides sand and bags free of charge to Surprise residents in the event of flooding.
- The sand and bags will be located at the following locations (view online map | PDF map), following a major rain event, in which flooding may occur:
- 3 Star Park , 15825 N. Jerry Street
- (South Side Parking Area off of Jerry Street)
- Bell Road Lake (south side), 15105 W. Bell Road
- South Plant (north gate), 11401 N. 136th Avenue
- Water Well site, 16849 W. Jomax Road
- Westgate city facility, 13430 W. Westgate Drive
- Ashton Ranch Water Supply Facility,
15151 W. Greenway Road
- Old City Hall recycle bin site, 12425 W. Bell Road
- Fire Station 302 recycle bin site, 18600 Reems Road
- DreamCatcher Park recycle bin site, 14534
- Next to Villanueva Center, 15616 N. Hollyhock St.
- Note: Residents are asked to bring their own shovel to fill the bags. Anyone needing assistance should call Public Works at 623.222.6000.
Report a Problem
For Street Repairs / Sidewalks / Traffic Signal / Signs
Call us: 623.222.6000 or submit a service request online