Hiring an Off Duty Officer

How to Request an Off-Duty Officer:

Contact off-duty scheduling staff at the numbers provided below. An off-duty agreement must be submitted and approved prior to the start of any off-duty employment. The completed off-duty agreement will be kept on file and must be renewed annually. (Off Duty Letter of Agreement)

How to Cancel an Off-Duty Officer:

The contractor must notify the SPD Off-Duty Work Coordinator at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the cancellation of any temporary work assignment under this Agreement. Notice must be personally verbalized AND in writing. Verbal notice must be made to appropriate SPD personnel. Voice mail or other messages are insufficient. SPD personnel should be contacted in the following order until personal contact is established:

(1) SPD Off-Duty Coordinator (customarily staffed Mon-Thurs, 7am-5pm)
  • 623.222.4334 (Primary line)
  • 623.236.4120 (After hours)
(2) SPD Off-Duty Supervisor (customarily staffed Mon-Thurs, 7am-5pm)
  • 623.222.4224
Written notice may be hand delivered or faxed to the SPD Off Duty Coordinator at the following address:

14250 W. Statler Plaza, Suite 103
Surprise, AZ 85374-7481
623.222.4002 (fax)

Failure to adhere to the twenty-four (24) hour cancellation requirement will result in a charge to the Contractor of the minimum four (4) hour fee.