Hiring an Off Duty Officer
In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Surprise AZ Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective March 29th, 2021.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling, invoicing and payroll.
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
- Towing service the City utilizes for services, bail bond agencies, private security guard companies, taxi services, escort services, adult bookstores, adult theaters, adult entertainment centers, or any adult oriented businesses.
- Serve civil processes or work as a private detective or investigator, or a position where the purpose of employment is to gather information for, or appear as a witness in a civil action.
- Work in any capacity or have ownership in a business engaged primarily in the sale and/or consumption of alcohol or spirituous beverages on or off-site.
- Work in any capacity or have ownership in a business engaged in the sale of medical marijuana.
*PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not an all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
|Title||Total Hourly Billable Rate|
|Special Event***||Contact for Rate|
- 4 Hour Minimum Per Request
- A supervisor is required for 4 or more officers.
- All off-duty jobs will automatically assess an additional 30-minute charge to account for equipment retrieval fees (use of body cameras and retrieval of vehicles when used).
* Emergency rates apply when a request is received less than 48 hours prior to the start of the shift.
** Holiday rate will apply to the following days: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
*** Special events include large scale events like the Super Bowl, PGA, etc.
Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 24 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. (Admin fees depend on the coverage and can range from $6.25 - $8.75 per hour.)
YOU CAN REQUEST SERVICE OR OBTAIN A QUOTE THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
OR CALL OFF DUTY MANAGEMENT 24/7 TOLL-FREE AT 1-877-636-8300