Hiring an Off Duty Officer
How to Request an Off-Duty Officer:
Please follow the instructions below to start the request process.
Once the initial request is completed, someone from the Surprise Police Department will reach out to you to complete the process. An Off-duty Letter of Agreement will need to be submitted and approved prior to the start of any off-duty employment. The completed off-duty agreement will be kept on file and must be renewed annually.
- Click on the button below.
- Once the page opens, click on “Service Requests”.
- Then click on the map to designate the location of the off duty work and click “done” on far top right of page.
- Select the type Police Issue/Question and then choose Off-Duty Officer Request.
- Complete the form.
How to Cancel an Off-Duty Officer:
The contractor must notify the SPD Off-Duty Work Coordinator at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the cancellation of any temporary work assignment under this Agreement. Notice must be personally verbalized AND in writing. Verbal notice must be made to appropriate SPD personnel. Voice mail or other messages are insufficient. SPD personnel should be contacted in the following order until personal contact is established:
(1) SPD Off-Duty Coordinator (customarily staffed Mon-Thurs, 7am-5pm)
- 623.222.4334 (Primary line)
- 623.236.4120 (After hours)
(2) SPD Off-Duty Supervisor (customarily staffed Mon-Thurs, 7am-5pm)
Written notice may be hand delivered or faxed to the SPD Off Duty Coordinator at the following address:
14250 W. Statler Plaza, Suite 103
Surprise, AZ 85374-7481
Failure to adhere to the twenty-four (24) hour cancellation requirement will result in a charge to the Contractor of the minimum four (4) hour fee.