Inspections and Plan Review
The City of Surprise provides construction inspection services to ensure that the construction of structural improvements, on-site lighting and landscaping are completed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications and constructed in a safe, timely and professional manner. Below are documents needed for inspections:
After Hours inspection requests:
- Are subject to availability
- Require an After Hours Inspection Form be submitted to the Development Center
- Require a $100 per hour fee, due prior to the inspection appointment.
- After hours - 2 hour minimum
- Weekends/Holidays/3rd Shift – 3 hour minimum
For questions please call 623.222.3000, during regular business hours.
The City of Surprise reviews all phases of private development plans, specifications and engineering reports to ensure compliance with city ordinances, building codes, the General Plan and applicable State and County statutory regulations.
Copies of adopted codes are available for public viewing at the City Clerk's office. See current codes and amendments below.
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2009 ICC A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 2012 International Green Construction Code
(A voluntary code for high-performance buildings)