Inspections and Plan Review
The City of Surprise provides construction inspection services to ensure that the construction of structural improvements, on-site lighting and landscaping are completed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications and constructed in a safe, timely and professional manner. Below are documents needed for inspections:
After Hours inspection requests:
- Are subject to availability
- Require an After Hours Inspection Form be submitted to the Development Center
- Require a $100 per hour fee, due prior to the inspection appointment.
- After hours - 2 hour minimum
- Weekends/Holidays/3rd Shift – 3 hour minimum
For questions please call 623.222.3000, during regular business hours.
The City of Surprise reviews all phases of private development plans, specifications and engineering reports to ensure compliance with city ordinances, building codes, the General Plan and applicable State and County statutory regulations.
Copies of adopted codes are available for public viewing at the City Clerk's office. See current codes and amendments below.
Effective November 14, 2019
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Green Construction Code
(A voluntary code for high-performance buildings)
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- 2009 ICC A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities