To combat the spread of COVID-19, the Police Department is suspending the following programs until further notice:
- Prescription Drug Take Back Kiosk. For alternative RX disposal locations: www.acpa.net/arizona_drug_disposal_locations.aspx
- Civilian Ride Along program & tours of police department
- Fingerprinting services limited to court mandated printing only
- Police Explorer program
The mission of the Explorer Post #2236 is to learn the skills necessary for a career in law enforcement. Our focus is to foster positive character traits such as honesty, integrity, respect, courage and discipline.
“To prepare every eligible youth in America to become a responsible, participating citizen and leader who is guided by the Scout Oath and Law.” – Boy Scout Council of America
We promise to uphold the policies and procedures that dictate the Surprise Police Department. We pledge to conduct ourselves in an ethical and honest manner, clearly showing integrity as our code of honor.
Join A Tradition Of Service
Be a positive influence on your community.
Surprise Explorers are developing a tradition of service that positively impacts the lives of every member of our community. This is your chance to become a part of that tradition.
Male and female young adults are encouraged to apply, if they:
- Are 14 to 20 years of age. (14 years old is acceptable only if you have graduated from eighth grade.)
- Have a good moral character.
- Remain in school while in the program or until graduation.
- Maintain a "C" average or higher.
- Do not have a serious police record.
- Are able to attend Explorer meetings.
- Are willing to volunteer your time to attend Explorer functions.
- Are willing to commit to the Explorer program and exemplify the professional image of the Surprise Police Department.
How to Apply
- Applications are available at the Surprise Police Department and online (see application links below)
- Bring the completed application to an Explorer meeting held each Wednesday at 5:30pm in the Public Safety Building
- Applicant interviews are conducted case by case
- Applicants must pass a background investigation
- Explorer staff and advisers make a difference on acceptance or non-acceptance into the program.
Explorers meet every Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
Meetings are held at the Surprise Police Department Public Safety building and last 3-4 hours.
Please call 623-222-4422 to verify there is a meeting scheduled before attending.