Operation Get Involved
The City of Surprise has two dedicated professionals helping victims of crime understand their rights. This video features the rewarding works of Linda Melendez, Victim Advocate for Surprise Police, and Rita Coronado, Victim Advocate for Surprise City Court.
The Surprise Police Department Criminal Investigations Division is looking for volunteers for the Victim Assistance Unit.
What does a Victim Advocate do?
- Provide assistance to victims from a scene
- Support prosecution and provide victims' rights education
- Provide victims’ rights education
- Crisis Intervention and Referral Assistance
Are you a victim or know someone that is?
- To obtain services stop by the Surprise Police Department or contact our Victim Advocate Program Manager
- Surprise Police Department's Victim Advocate Program Manager is Linda Melendez. To contact her, call 623.222.4312 or by email at email@example.com.
How do you volunteer?
- Download the application
- Stop by the Surprise Police Department to pick up an application or speak to the program manager
- Surprise Police Department's Victim Advocate Program Manger is Linda Melendez. To contact her, call 623.222.4312 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Surprise Police Department if you have concerns or visit these websites: