No Tax License Required unless property is a Commercial Rental Property
Download Rental Property Business License Application
- Business license must be submitted under the same names as the property is deeded.
- Original Licensing Eligibility Verification Forms (signed by a member of the owning entity) and/or Licensing Eligibility Requirement Form (signed by a deeded property owner) along with copy of selected ID (front and back).
- List location of rental property (section C of application).
- The recorded legal class of the property must reflect a legal class of “4 -Residential Rental” with the Maricopa County Assessor’s office.
- The rental property owners must be registered with the Maricopa County Assessor’s office.
- Complete pages 2, 3, 4, and 5 or 6.
- Submit business license application to the City of Surprise by mail or in person and include $35.00 application fee. Make payment in cash or check only.
Note: All owners of rental properties are required to have a business license, including those whose properties are managed by a property management company.
Applications not meeting the above requirements will be returned unprocessed.