The Surprise Tennis Challenge Ladder is a means for ranking our players according to their level of play. Players are added to the ladder according to their current NTRP rating (2.5,3.0,3.5 and 4.0) Players may join the ladder at any time. The GOAL of the ladder is to encourage players to meet and play others at, and/or above their level.
STRC CHALLENGE LADDER RULES:
- Participants can play in both singles and doubles. All players must be 18 years of age.
- All Challenge ladder matches must be played at the STRC and players are responsible for their own court fees.
- The challenger will make all needed court reservations, after the match day and time has been agreed upon by both players.
- Both players must bring a new can of balls to the match. The winner keeps the unopened can.
- The ladder board is located in the STRC lobby where it will be displayed and updated twice monthly.
- All USTA rules will apply for all matches. Matches will be the best of 2 out of 3 sets, with a twelve point tie breaker played at 6-6 for the first two sets and a 10 point tiebreaker in lieu of a third set.
- Players may challenge up to 2 places above their position. If the challenger wins, that player moves to the new position and the challenged player moves down one spot on the ladder. If the challenger loses, there is no movement on the ladder.
- Players have 7 days to respond to and play a challenge or forfeit the match(extenuating circumstances may apply).
- Players MUST be involved in at least one challenge match in an 8 week period or will be withdrawn from the ladder.
- The challenger must promptly report the results from the match to the ladder book (located at front desk of STRC).
- To avoid excess challenges against any single player, no player may be challenged within 1 week of playing a challenge match.
- A player cannot challenge the same player more than once in a 3 week period.
Click here to download the Challenge Ladder rules